1. Skin is made up of 19 million skin cells, 650 sweat glands, and 1,000 nerve endings.
2. The nerve endings on our skin deliver messages to our brain, such as temperature, pressure, vibration, and touch...imagine life without touch!
3. Skin is our first line of defense against everything external: irritants, allergens, carcinogens, UV rays, hot temps, cold temps, even water. (Bet you never thought about your skin being waterproof!)
4. Skin is an active immune organ. This means immune cells live in the skin and protect it by sending out message to stimulate a fight response when threatened.
5. Skin is our largest organ.
6. When skin is dry, the barrier cracks, thereby losing some of its strength and function. This is why it's so important to keep your skin hydrated, especially during the winter months when moisture is being sucked from the air.
7. Your skin renews itself every 28 days. However, CBD has been shown to promote skin cell regeneration, thereby speeding up that process, (which is why we use CBD—where it makes sense—in certain skin wellness and repair formulas).
9. When trying new skin products, it's important to wait for at least two 28-day cycles before noticing results.
10. The best way to care for your skin is consistency in care and use of quality ingredients. Avoid products that use alcohol, petroleum, silicones, fragrance or parabens.