What is Prickly Pear?
- Prickly Pear is a genus in the cactus family, native to the Americas. The fruit of the cactus makes for a tasty kiwi-like snack (or margarita!), but it's the seeds of prickly pear that are loaded with antioxidants, fatty acids, and mindblowing effects for our skin.
- When the seeds are cold-pressed and expelled, we mortals are able to reap the benefits through topical application.
The Benefits inside Prickly Pear Seeds:
- Vitamin K: We don't hear about this one often, but Vitamin K works wonders for anti-aging. It helps boost our skin's elasticity and reduces dark spots caused by sun damage. It has also been known to get rid of those stubborn dark circles under the eyes.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Fatty acids are the building blocks for our cell structure, so it's no surprise that applying fatty acids to our skin can give it a boost. Prickly pear's seeds contain Omega-6 and Omega-9, both of which help to restore our skin's elasticity and smoothness. Fatty acids also help the skin retain moisture without the icky synthetic heaviness that some moisturizers contain.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant, which makes it a pro at fighting free radicals and environmental pollutants. Vitamin E is a pro at calming skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, and studies show it may be effective in reversing UV damage.
What Can Life Elements' Day and Night Serums Help With?
- Fine lines
- Dark spots
- Dark circles
- Sun damage
- Dry skin
Did you know?
- These are serums with synergy. In addition to prickly pear, they contain a carefully crafted blend of superpower ingredients. They've got tepezcohuite bark extract (tree bark with uses dating back to 10th century), organically grown hemp, calendula extract (natural extract from the flower calendula used for inflammation and antibacterial qualities) and more.