Why is Our Skin Drier in the Winter?
Ahh, winter. A time to hunker down, sleep more, and wonder what on earth the point of daylight savings is. It's also a time to add CBD Products to your skincare routine to help prevent dry winter skin. As humidity levels drop, the water in our skin evaporates more quickly and our skin searches for non-existent moisture to absorb. The result: the ravages of dry winter skin; eczema, dry patches, and flakiness.
All Moisturizers are Not Equal
So, what do we do? We reach for moisturizers to fight skin irritations and help prevent dry winter skin. But here's the thing, some moisturizing products exacerbate the dreaded dryness and irritation by including problematic ingredients. Some of those ingredients include but are not limited to:
- Alcohol - Often used by skincare companies to give products the illusion of a quick-drying finish, weightlessness, and lack of "greasiness." Alcohol disrupts your skin barrier, can cause irritation (including acne), and dry your skin out even more.
- Fragrance - Used to entice buyers. Smelling floral or musky is all fun and games until you realize that synthetic ingredients can damage your skin, hormones, and body.
- Synthetic Preservatives - Harsh preservatives, many with parabens, are added to products to prevent the growth of mold and prolong shelf life. Despite being widely used in the cosmetic industry for decades, they're a huge red flag. Parabens have been linked to disrupted hormones, harm fertility, and increase the risk of cancer. They can also cause skin irritation.
Always check the label for ingredients that could have damaging effects on your skin. Unfortunately, you'll see them everywhere. The good news? Life Elements does not have any of these ingredients in our CBD or non-CBD skincare products. Our hand-crafted solutions are nature-based for head to heel...free of toxins, synthetics and harsh chemicals.
Prevent Dry Winter Skin by Adding these CBD Products to Your Skincare Routine
1. CBD&Vegan Night Face Serum: Not all face oils hydrate the skin. To hydrate effectively, oils need something to lock in the moisture. That's why Martha added one crucial ingredient to this CBD&Vegan Night Face Serum: Mango Butter. Mango Butter is the moisture-locking magic in this serum—the MVP if you will. It lets the other plant-powered, antioxidant-rich ingredients such as CBD, Tepezcohuite, Pomegranate, and Prickly Pear work their magic on your skin overnight. It is best used in conjunction with the Day Face Serum, but if you had to choose one face serum to prevent dry winter skin, this is your girl.
2. CBD&Honey Everyday Skin Repair: Honey is a humectant, making it an incredibly effective moisturizer. If using in conjunction with Night Serum, apply Skin Repair afterward. Alternatively (or, additionally) use Skin Repair on cracked heels, fingertips, dry spots such as eczema, and psoriasis. The CBD in Skin Repair acts as an oomph for skin cell regeneration, but if your skin doesn't need the extra horsepower, you can't go wrong with the Healing Honey Stick (non-CBD), starting at $12.
3. CBD&Honey Rosemary Mint Sugar Scrub: Your skin cells dry out and die faster in the winter, so exfoliation is important to prevent build-up, dullness, and body acne. (We have a whole blog post on it right here.) Plus, the honey in this Scrub (like we said above) helps retain moisture, along with the other skin-loving oils. Your skin will feel supple, happy, and hydrated.
4. Healing Honey Body Oil: No CBD in here, but the honey is exactly what you want in your dry winter skincare routine. Some dermatologists say that lotion is better for moisturizing, some say oils are better for improving skin barrier. We put the best of both worlds into this Healing Honey Body Oil. The honey keeps moisture in, and the other plant-based ingredients work to nourish and repair your skin's barrier. For extra oomph, try the CBD Body Oil.
5. Signature CBD Bath Bombs: There are all kinds of testimonials on how our CBD&Honey Signature Bath Bombs have helped relieve skin irritation. That's because they're handcrafted with skin-soothing, very hydrating ingredients to make your skin glow. These are the perfect CBD product to add to your skincare routine to prevent dry winter skin during the season (or cold springs) when we all need a little extra nourishment.
See Ya Later, Dry Winter Skin
Now you have a natural routine for nourishment to combat dry winter skin. We hope you love the benefits of the bee-powered and plant-based goodness in our Skincare Collection.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.